With no 40-man roster spot open, it’s clear that the Yankees were comfortable being spectators during the MLB portion of the Rule five draft from the Winter Meetings in Las Vegas.
The Yankees lost one player in the MLB portion, Lost another five in the minor-league portion, picked one in the minor-league portion and then acquired another in a small trade with the Detroit Tigers. Here’s the recap:
RHP Nick Green
- Acquired by Yankees in 2016 Carlos Beltrán trade.
- Between High-A Tampa and Double-A Trenton (23 starts):
- 8-7, 3.32 ERA, 6.9 K/9, 4.3 BB/9, 1.357 WHIP
- Taken by Diamondbacks with the 12th overall pick.
The Diamondbacks must keep Green on the active roster for the entirety of the season or offer him back to the Yankees once he clears waivers.
- RHP Adonis De la Cruz (from SEA – Double-A Arkansas Travelers)
- 3-4, 4.71 ERA (2.80 FIP), 11.77 K/9, 2.98 BB/9, 1.27 WHIP in 34 games with Low-A West Virginia
Acquired via Trade:
- OF Tyler Hill (Selected by DET from BOS – Double-A Portland Sea Dogs)
- .254/.348/.312 (95 wRC+), 1 HR, 38 RBI, 27 SB in 124 games with A-Adv. Salem Red Sox
- C Chris Rabago (to KC)
- .071/.133/.071 (-43 wRC+), 0 HR/RBI in 7 games with Double-A Trenton
- RHP Gilmael Troya (to PHI)
- 2-0, 1.63 ERA (2.88 FIP), 12.80 K/9, 4.19 BB/9, 1.11 WHIP in 15 games with Advanced Rookie Pulaski
- RHP Anyelo Gomez (to BOS)
- 0-1, 2.45 ERA (4.15 FIP), 9.82 K/9, 3.68 BB/9, 1.36 WHIP in 7 games with Triple-A SWB
- OF Mark Payton (to OAK)
- .259/.368/.401 (120 wRC+), 6 HR, 25 RBI in 62 games with Triple-A SWB
- RHP Alexander Vargas (to CHC)
- 0-0, 2.25 ERA (3.45 FIP), 7.88 K/9, 4.50 BB/9, 1.25 WHIP in 2 games with Triple-A SWB